Mastering the Art of Stagecraft is the ultimate guide to technical theatre. This comprehensive book covers everything from history to video projection, and everything in between. With in-depth chapters on production organization, theatre spaces, drafting, tools and materials, production and construction techniques, props, design, color, painting, electricity, lighting design and production, projection, sound design, and stage management, this book is the perfect introduction for beginners and a valuable resource for experienced professionals. Whether you're looking to learn the basics or master advanced techniques, this book will take you from concept to curtain with ease.
Chapters are written by industry professionals and educators, including:
- Ben Crop, Technical Director and Instructor of Technical Theatre at Santa Barbara City College
- Tal Sanders, Associate Professor at Pacific University
- Ric Costin, Drafting Instructor, Linn-Benton Community College
- Clifford Rutherford, Assistant Professor of Construction Technology at University of Hawaii Maui College
- Christopher R Boltz, Instructor of Technical Theatre at College of the Canyons